Pixie Haircut At M2 Salon in Morrisville, NC. This picture (love this look) illustrates that Pixies are very easy to maintain and can be worn casually, or dressed up for special occasions.
Pixie cuts were popularized first in the late 1950s when Audrey Hepburn wore the style in her debut film Roman Holiday, and later in the 1960s by actress Mia Farrow and British supermodel Twiggy, then even later by film star Goldie Hawn.
It has such a sweet little name, but many still think of the Pixie cut as a little girl’s hair style. This thinking is just wrong. The Pixie cut has recently been worn by some of the biggest celebs …proving the cut has staying power. Pamela Anderson (yes, really!) and Jennifer Lawrence debuted their own versions. Who didn’t fall in love with Halle Berry’s hair when she showed off her Pixie cut? Charlize Theron looks like a goddess with her straight Pixie length locks.
Here are a few variations offered by Margy Sheppard at M2 Salon in Morrisville, NC., on the traditional Pixie haircut:
- Choppy Pixie with lots of layers, including neck hugging pieces in the back. Margy can show you how a bit of texturizer in your palms plus light mussing gives a Pixie the perfect volume.
- Margy says if you prefer a chic smooth look, blowout the front of your pixie cut, straighten it with a flat iron, then add a bit of shine spray!
- Think Tyra Banks or Rihanna…keep the drama up top by styling your pixie so the majority of the volume is pointed forward, drawing attention to the eyes.
Carmel baby highlights on soft brown hair add some sizzle to the look.
- Never think a Pixie cut is just for straight hair. Margy has done some awesome Pixie cuts on curly hair with spectacular results.
- If you are ready to go Pixie short, but don’t want to leave your entire face exposed, do a side part, leave your bangs a little long and sweep over to the side.
Pixie cuts are very easy to maintain and are perfect for casual or dress up occasions. Doesn’t this sound like the perfect hairstyle solution for a hassle free and pretty/chic look?! Call 919-257-9007 or hit this link to schedule an appointment for a new 2016 Pixie cut hairstyle with Margy Sheppard at M2 Salon today.