Holiday Hair Tips From M2 Salon- Holiday season is upon us. The time of year, when we need our hair to look its best, but chilly temperatures, cold wind and damp weather can damage it easily. That’s why M2 Salon/Margy Sheppard is providing these simple Essential Hair Care Routines that will keep your hair shiny and healthy.
1. First things first, REDUCE HAIR WASHING. Cutting it down to at least every other day prevents your hair from drying out too much. Everyday washing, in combination with cold weather outside, can lead to damage of your hair, dandruff, itchiness and hair breakage
2. KEEP THE WATER LUKEWARM, your hair and scalp will appreciate it. Try to hold off on rinsing for a few extra minutes and stick to lukewarm or cooler water since heat makes your hair lose moisture faster.
3. MOISTURIZE IT! Cold winds, dry air, low temperature…. All this is soaking the shine and energy out of your hair. Conditioning is extremely important, but in winter months it becomes part and parcel of your hair care routine. Things such as a hair dryer and winter air deplete moisture from hair and scalp. Margy recommends that you deep-nourish your hair once a week and use a leave-in conditioner or hair oil on a regular basis.
4. DRY IT RIGHT. Try not to over dry your hair, as too much heat will cause moisture loss. However, Margy warns against leaving the house with slightly wet hair. Going outside in winter with hair that is not dried properly can lead to drier hair and scalp conditions. Whether you take some extra minutes to use a hair dryer or let your hair dry naturally, just try to make sure it happens before you leave the house.
5. REDUCE USE OF-HEATED APPLIANCES. Your hair is being subjected to constant temperature changes. So, try to avoid over using the curling iron, flat iron and blow dryer. Margy would be happy to recommend a good quality heat protection spray.
6. GET A HAIR TRIM. 1/4 to 1/2 half an inch every 6 weeks if you are maintaining length. This will prevent breakage from moving up the hair and will promote healthy hair and its growth.
7. Consider a Peter Coppola Keratin Concept Treatment. Consult with Margy for pricing on this fantastic restorative conditioning treatment. It smooths out all the frizz, adds incredible shine and helps build a stronger hair follicle (reducing breakage).
Margy’s given you some great tips for healthy holiday hair! So whether you need a cut, color, styling, or a full holiday transformation, M2 Salon has you covered. As the holiday season begins, appointments go quickly, so make sure you book your appointment before your special occasion!